quinta-feira, 9 de julho de 2009

As lágrimas ainda rolam pela minha face.


Becoming Jane, 2006

Tom Lefroy: I have no money, no property, I am entirely dependent upon that bizarre old lunatic, my uncle. I cannot yet offer marriage, but you must know what I feel. Jane, I'm yours. God, I'm yours. I'm yours, heart and soul. Much good that is.

Jane Austen: Let me decide that.

Tom Lefroy:What will we do?

Jane Austen: What we must.

(...)


Jane Austen: Could I really have this?
Tom Lefroy: What, precisely?
Jane Austen: You.
Tom Lefroy: Me, how?
Jane Austen: This life with you.
Tom Lefroy: Yes.

(...)

Tom Lefroy: What value will there ever be in life, if we are not together?

(...)

Jane Austen: [reading Pride and Prejudice] "She began now to comprehend that he was exactly the man who, in disposition and talents, would most suit her. His understanding and temper, though unlike her own, would have answered all her wishes. It was a union that must have been to the advantage of both. By her ease and liveliness, his mind might have been softened, his manners improved, and from his judgment, information and knowledge of the world, she must have received benefit of greater importance. But no such happy marriage could now teach the admiring multitude what connubial felicity really was."

2 comentários:

Cosmo Girl disse...

É lindíssimo, é perfeito, é tudo aquilo que uma simples menina como tu e eu pode algum dia desejar. :')

E ainda bem que entras cada vez mais neste mundo cinematográfico sobre a Jane Austen [tão parecida contigo, na minha humilde opinião :P]

<3

Sophia disse...

Eu já tinha reparado naquele pequeno pormenor :p
A Britney tem destas coisas --'

Beijinho*

P.S: Gostei tanto deste post :D