terça-feira, 8 de abril de 2008

First and Third Person Narratives Recounts

First Person:

I woke up on the sofa again at 9 o'clock, I felt asleep watching television one more time.
I got up and when I was going to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast I suddenly realised in what a mess my living-room was.
Instantly I realised that not only was my living-room destroyed, but also my room, kitchen and dinning-room.
I couldn't understand why I haven't woken up during the assault. During the time that someone was taking without permission my personal computer, my television, radio, money and jewellery.
I was so astonished by what had happened.
Why me?
I then decided to call the police and start cleaning my house.
Hoping that future would bring some good news...


Third Person:

The Police arrived around 9:30 to Miss Rogers house.
According to what she said, when she called them, her house has been robbed during the night and the thieves had taken great part of her belongings.
The Police started acting as great proffessionals and start trying to collect anything that would help finding the criminals.
In the dinning room the police had found a shoe print that didn't correspond to any of the victim's shoes, furthermore, they recollected fingerprints in the front door that had been broken.
Later that night, Miss Rogers was called to the Police Station, not to identify someone, but to receive some of her things that have been robbed and that the police had found.
However, and despite the fact that the police already found out who the thieves were, they couldn't arrest them, because they managed to escape later that night.

2 comentários:

Sophie disse...

I love a good mystery, and your history is full of it :)
You caught my attention until the end and I was willing to know the final conclusion!

Keep writing, that I will keep comment :)

L.S. Ferreira disse...

(I was the one who robbed your house and took your belongins ) ;)

I think your post is very interesting, looking at the same situation from different prespectives is quite an interesting thing, it makes us see how narratives can influence our view on the subject. Good work!

*_*